Security must remain alert, looking out for anything unusual. In an emergency, they are required to call for assistance from police, fire, or ambulance services. Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Ability to maintain order among people is imperative.
Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Objectivity— Job requires being objective to active situations around you. An objective perspective is one that is not influenced by emotions, opinions, or personal feelings – it is a perspective based in fact, in things quantifiable and measurable.
Emotional Control — Job requires being calm under pressure and in crisis, hostile, or escalatory situations. Emotions cannot overrun rational thoughts and behaviors.
Safety Management— Job requires being versed in safety and safety management. Must also be able to respond under pressure.
Ability to Deal with Uncertainty — Job requires confidence in dealing with situations where uncertainty exists and be able to handle them with ease and efficiently.
Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Block physical access to restricted areas.
- Investigate illegal or suspicious activities.
- Investigate disturbances.
- Respond to emergencies to provide assistance.
- Monitor access or flow of people to prevent problems.
- Prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas
- Protect and enforce laws on the property
- Control access for employees and visitors
- Conduct security checks over a specified area
Detailed Work Activity
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Contributes to team effort when necessary
Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
Being Vigilant — Watch out for any strange things or behaviors that may cause harm.
Maintaining Order Among People — Ability to control both large and small groups of people when situations escalate. Ability to prevent escalations in situations involving large gatherings.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org