Experienced, mature, positive and motivated Wine Servers needed to join our team immediately! The ideal candidate must be able to explain how various wines are made, describing vintage and the quality characteristics of the wine. Present wine menus to patrons, answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. Have excellent customer service and awareness skills to ensure that our customers are enjoying their wine experience, and take action to correct any problems. Additionally the candidate must have salesmanship, and be able to sell wine, wine club memberships, and winery promotions. This weekend position includes hourly, commission and bonus compensation.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their wine experience and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve wine, take orders for wine, or merchandise, and collect payments from patrons.
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Present wine menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. Inform customers of owner or winemaker selections.
- Remove glasses, and clean bars after patrons have finished.
- Explain how various wines are made, describing vintage and the quality characteristics of the wine.
- Perform opening, closing and shift change duties in addition to cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Salesmanship, including selling wine, wine club memberships, and winery promotions.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- 1+ years wine country experience
- Weekend availability
- ABC Lead Training desirable
- High school diploma or equivalent