An upscale Temecula catering company is seeking an experienced Sous Chef. You will have the opportunity to work in a proven and dedicated kitchen; while ensuring production of only the best product available. We are looking for highly motivated self-starters, with the ability to design, prepare and train staff on the preparation of recipes. Strong management ability is a must. This position will be responsible for leading events while supervising staff. Potential candidates will need to be available to work morning, day, evening and weekend shifts as meets the needs of the operation. In addition to being able to physically perform general kitchen duties, the ideal candidate will be adept at organization and in the application of critical analysis. Reliable form of transport and current driver’s license is required.
- Monitor quality of raw or cooked food products and sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations in accordance with Local and Federal directives.
- Order, maintain and/or requisition food or other supplies required to ensure efficient operation and to meet the needs and demands of a fluctuating business.
- Supervise, mentor train and coordinate the activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation on and off site.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays in accordance with the client’s requests or needs.
- Estimate and determine the amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or the likely number of customers.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to stand on your feet for the duration of the shift and must be able to bend, turn, twist and move readily.
- Have good fine motor skills, attention to detail and can work well under pressure.
- Should be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- This is a very busy area and one must be able to work with positive energy. Weekends, evenings and some holidays a must.
- Possess current Riverside County Food Handlers card or ServSafe certificate.
- 5 years relevant kitchen experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.