The Marketing Assistant position will primarily focus on planning, developing or coordinating advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis. Will contribute to the development of press releases and serve to facilitate public relations activities. Ensure that public media and content is current and relevant. Assist in the development and management of budgets.
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies
- Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns
- Confer with clients to provide marketing or technical advice
- Direct, motivate, and monitor the mobilization of a campaign to advance goals
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised
- Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development
- Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts
- Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for organizations
- Assist with annual budget development
- Provide presentation and product demonstration support during the introduction of new products and services to field staff and customers
- Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products
- Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning
- Consult publications to learn about conventions and social functions and to organize prospect files for promotional purposes
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as Tasting Room, Tours & Hosting, Wine Club and Events
- Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns
- Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors’ behaviors to company or client websites.
- Collaborate with web, multimedia, or art design staffs to create multimedia Web sites or other internet content that conforms to brand and company visual format.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- 1 year marketing experience
- Flexible hours, weekends and holidays are required.
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- 1 year computer experience: word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and excel software.
- 1 year experience social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- 2 years College required, Marketing Degree desirable