A dedicated individual with a passion for producing ala-minute cooking and working in a proven and dedicated kitchen to ensure our guests receive only the best product available. You are highly motivated and a self-starter, able to work under supervision in this exciting kitchen environment. You are available to work in a flexible operation which may include morning, day, evening and weekend shifts as meets the needs of the operation. You will be organized and be able to use critical analysis in this dynamic field. You will be physically able to perform general kitchen duties and have a reliable form of transport.
- Before service begins, prepare any elements needed for service, such as salad dressing, sauces, sandwiches or spreads. Follow the restaurant recipes when preparing these menu items.
- Set up the line station for service by bringing items from the walk-in refrigerator to the line station, washing salad greens and gathering plates and bowls.
- During food service, wait for tickets to come in, plate the food the diner has ordered; while, working in conjunction with the other line cooks so that all of a table’s food comes out at one time and must be able to handle several orders at a time.
- Prepare salads, cheese plates and other cold appetizers.
- Inventory salad station items on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis and report the inventory.
- Preparing or plate additional dishes, like desserts or hot appetizers.The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to stand on your feet for the duration of the shift and must be able to bend, turn, twist and move readily.
- Have good fine motor skills, attention to detail and can work well under pressure.
- Should be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- This is a very busy area and one must be able to work with positive energy. Weekends, evenings and some holidays a must.
- Possess current Riverside County Food Handlers card or ServSafe certificate.
- 2-3 years relevant kitchen experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.