Temecula Valley Winery Management is seeking a cellar worker for the 2018 harvest season.
We offer a unique opportunity to learn in a fast-paced winery working with fruit from all over the Temecula Valley. The timeframe for these positions is from late August to mid-November, depending on the season and your experience. Full-time employment after harvest is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Execute all assigned harvest cellar tasks under direction of Cellar Supervisor/Winemakers
- Cleaning/sanitizing equipment and general winery cleaning/organization
- Barrel receipt, preparation, filling, topping, cleaning, and inventory.
- Weighing out/performing chemical/adjunct additions to juice, must, and wine
- Assisting in receiving/processing of bulk wine and grapes
- Cap management to include punchdowns and pump overs and brix/temp logging
- Collecting vineyard grape, juice/must or wine samples for sensory and/or lab analysis.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read/speak/understand/ English fluently- Spanish language skills a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work well alone or as part of a team.
- Basic math skills
- Flexible schedule to include O/T, evenings and weekends if needed, (5-7 days/wk during Harvest)
- Own transportation/clean driving record. Mileage reimburse provided for work use of own vehicle
- Legal documentation proving right to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and safely carry it a distance of 20 feet
- Able to work in both hot and cold temperatures and switch from one to another repeatedly
- Ability to stand for long periods, pull, push, kneel, bend, reach
- Ability to fit and work in narrow spaces/tight aisles and climb stairs, catwalks and ladders
- Passionate about wine
- Harvest cellar or similar production experience
- Forklift experience/certification
- Coursework in enology and/or physical/biological sciences
Preference will be given to candidates who reside locally.