Temecula winery seeking reliable, experienced Cellar Worker(s). This position is responsible for performing production cellar tasks and support functions in a fast paced environment.
- Under the direction of the Winemakers and/or Cellar Supervisor, performing cellar tasks and support functions in detailed and timely manner
- Cleaning/sanitizing barrels, equipment and winery
- Operation of cellar equipment including Pumps, Filters, Presses, etc.
- Barrel receipt, preparation, filling, topping, cleaning, and inventory
- Weighing out/performing chemical additions to juice, must, and wine
- Assisting in shipping/receiving of bulk wine and grapes
- Performing equipment maintenance, sanitation, and hose repair
- Completing and turning in all work orders accurately and on time
- Collecting wine samples for tasting or lab analysis
- Good communication skills and a helpful attitude. English fluency.
- Knowledge of machines and tools helpful.
- Job requires being reliable and accountable for your work.
- Candidate should be capable of working long hours, lift/carry up to 50lbs, climb ladders, fit and work in narrow aisles and tight spaces, walk or stand for extended periods of time, pull, push, kneel, bend, and reach; on sometimes uneven terrain and going between hot/cold extremes.
- Must be able to read/speak/understand/English fluently
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible schedule to include O/T, evenings and weekends if needed,(esp. during harvest)
- Own transportation and clean driving record
- Legal documentation proving right to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent. Mechanical trades/college science coursework helpful.
- Good basic Math skills with knowledge of measurement/conversions (Metric and English)
- Interest or knowledge of winemaking practices helpful
- Forklift experience/certification