The Tasting Room Bar Back is primarily responsible for providing support to the Wine Servers and the operations of the Tasting Room. He/She also assists with the opening and closing of the Tasting Room facilities, and the stocking and replenishment of wine and wine glasses. As a member of the Tasting Room staff, the Bar Back is also expected to respect and support his/her co-workers and management, staying positive and flexible especially during busy periods.
- Wine inventory and stocking wine
- Collecting dirty glasses for washing and restocking glasses throughout the day
- Assisting Wine Servers with cashiering, opening wine, and packaging of wine sales when needed
- Emptying trash throughout Tasting Room and Patios
- Collecting dirty glasses from patios and bars
- Sweeping floors and patios
- Stocking and cleaning the bathrooms
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Drive golf cart
- Must be able to lift 35 to 70 lbs occasionally
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Driver’s License needed.
- Flexible hours, weekends and holidays are required.
- Able to stand long hours and must be able to function under pressure.
- Cleaning and organizing skills a must.
- Customer service and cashiering experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent a plus