Job Summary: The Wine Club Administrative Assistant position will primarily focus on the interaction with customers and wine club members to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Assist the Wine club manager with execution of plans to direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of wine, internet orders and club shipments to the customer. This position will also be responsible for follow-up on the billing activities for Temecula Valley Winery Management, and its clients. Gather wine club membership statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers. Additional duties can include, but not limited to data entry, phone sales, and customer service with an eye towards customer retention.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using Wine Direct software platform.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to Wine Club Manager for further investigation.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes expertise in phone sales and customer retention.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- 3+ years Customer Service or Sales related job.
- Excellent computer skills
- Wine Industry knowledge
- Flexible hours, weekends and holidays are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree desirable